A system of products to equip small businesses with the ability to collaborate & better understand their customers in order to provide compelling human experiences using Artificial Intelligence.
Small businesses that thrive on human experiences will soon be threatened by the convenience and speed of automated intelligent technology. Rather than succumbing to automated technology, we see an opportunity to use that same tech to create a more personalized customer experience while still retaining the element of convenience.
Note: Pocket was a collaborative effort. I had the privilege to work in collaboration with Daniel Smitasin (ID/UX).
My Role: ID, UX, Storytelling, Illustration, Branding
Applying user centered design to todays tech will help create a scalable eco-system of small business solutions.
There are many products and system offerings within the market but many are lacking when it comes to the needs of both the customer and small business. Square has done a great job creating an offering of POS products but does not offer an entire eco system of solutions. Amazon Go has done well to improve the user experience by removing the frictions of payment but has done so at the cost of removing the human element. Albeit we may not need a human to help us purchase everything, but at times having a person there creates an opportunity for a unique and relational experience which will never be met with the convenience of a machine.
KEY INSIGHTS & NEEDS
01. Small businesses collaborate with different industries because it can create new market opportunities which afford unique customer experiences.
02. There is no holistic product system for small businesses therefore owners adapt and grow using multi-branded components as band-aid solutions.
03. When it comes to inventory, businesses don’t have a good way of measuring what consumers need and how much, because you don’t know what you don’t know.
04. Small business has ups and downs with no way of measuring what outcomes are possible in the future therefore owners are forced to make decisions that may not be the most beneficial for their company.
05. Running a small business doesn’t allow owners to fail and learn because the consequences are to high.
06. Business owners who spend the time to foster relationships through a personalized customer experience often see higher retention and brand loyalty.
Pocket aspires to be a small business solution that integrates the conveniences of technology but retains the human element. Enabling small businesses to stay relevant while being personal.
The business entrepreneur is responsible for the growth and function of the business. In order to minimize the busyness of business, AI is used to streamline monotonous tasks to enable an entrepreneur to stay hands on. Using computer vision and machine learning, AI synthesizes insights from real time and stored data from the neural network. Capable of advising a change from B2C to B2B based on predictive analysis, to avoid a slump in sales for the next month. The neural network is comprised of all of the small businesses which use the Pocket ecosystem. Customers would be provided with an in-store experience that not only serves their needs but is tailored to their preferences. An experience that is powered by small businesses that have united to provide mixed brand offerings.